Help Me Take the Lamaze Childbirth Educator Exam!

Friday, September 15, 2017


This past May, I opened my independent doula business. My birth work is invested in ensuring that all people have access to quality birth support - I offer my doula services on sliding scale and hope to create free/reduced cost classes in the future.


To expand my supportive services, in June I took a Lamaze course to become a childbirth educator. The Lamaze certification exams are coming up in November, and I am raising money to be able to afford the exam costs. Please donate at my YouCaring page. Here is what you'll be contributing to:
  • $225 dollars (plus fees) for the Lamaze childbirth educator study guide
  • $380 dollars (plus fees) for registration to the November Lamaze childbirth educator exam
  • $700 dollars to offset my living costs as I study - for that month, I am working with only 1 birth client so I can focus on getting prepared for the exam, which covers 1/2 of my expenses
If I can raise the exam costs alone, I can expand my ability to teach in the community! You can also choose to support me in offering free/reduced cost services year-round by donating on a monthly basis to my Patreon page 
 
Your monetary investment directly impacts community access to labor and birth services. By investing in me, you allow me to offer quality care to a greater number of people as a doula and educator. 
 
Thank you for any and all contributions, even if that is just sharing my fundraiser! Feel free to contact me at jordanalam7201@gmail.com with any questions/concerns/words of support.